Mar 13, 2009

Arrival in Singapore

This week, I arrived in Singpore.

To recap breifley, and to set the stage for this web-log: I have moved to Singapore to live and work for a couple of years with the environmental engineering firm CDM and our new Technical Centre for Integrated Water Resources and Urban Planning. I'll be here working on projects and helping to set up this new centre. Specifically, we'll be working to develop new tools and processes for sustainable urban planning and resource managment.

But this blog is not intended to be focused on my work... Suffice it to say, that this is a great and exciting opportunity for me. I have always wanted to work abroad, and the position I have taken with CDM's tech centre is a perfect match for what I want to do with my career and my life.

So I am here. In Singapore. And I am starting a blog. This blog is intended for my friends and family. I hope to be able to capture here my thoughts and activities as I live and travel in Southeast Asia. When, as a student, I traveled to Africa for a year, I was pleased to write a series of e mails relating my adventures there. And many of you current readers indicated great appreication for those letters. I hope to be able to continue in that tradition, and also to make more of my experience available to you -- by posting pictues and videos on this site.

So thanks for joining me. I'll try to keep everyone in the loop of what's going on my life.

Alek (in Singapore)

No comments:

Post a Comment