Hello. I would like to test my ability to post content from China. Please excuse this not-strictly-necessary post. But please let me know in the comments if the content is coming through.
Here, I will post a left-aligned photo of a porcelain Monkey King statute. He is very colourful, and was sitting atop a clerk’s counter in the ancient Chinese water town of Wu Zhen (乌镇). Many of you may know that the Monkey King (or 孙悟空) is one of my favourite literary characters. He is the super-powerful hero of the story, Journey to the West. Here, he holds a magic peach, which when eaten, will allow him to live 500 or more years!
And here, I will try embedding a link to a Picasa web album. This is from a recent trip I made to Hanoi, Vietnam. I did not post it to this blog before, so you might still find it of interest. That trip was a lot of fun, but I have not yet finished adding captions to the pictures…
Everything looks great! Can't wait to read more!!!
ReplyDelete