Oct 23, 2013

Visit My Home in Jangpura

The long awaited tour of my apartment in India! I've finally received all of my worldly belongings, and have acquired all the needed furniture to be comfortable in my new home in the Jangpura Extension neighborhood of New Delhi.

This will be a photo tour, and I will make use of 3D panoramic graphics for you to interactively browse my apartment.  I used the photosynth app on my mobile phone to take these photos.  Follow the links below for the tour...

First you may climb the leafy stairs to the second floor of this house I live in.  See the photo to the right for the walkup view of the front door.


My Apartment
This is the main room.  With high ceiling and a staircase that leads up to the roof and adds great angles to the space.  Wooden bookshelves and cabinets are buiilt into the wall.  In this room, I take my meals, I play music, I read, and I relax.

Follow Link


My Study
My company is still setting up our office in Delhi. So I have been working from home for the last few months.  I do so in this Study.  I had the simple wooden table custom made to my specifications.  And there is also an attractive sofa-cum-bed in here for use when I have visitors from abroad.  Any readers of this blog are welcome any time.  I can attest to the great comfort of this bed!

Follow Link


My Bedroom
This is where I sleep.  I also store my clothes in here.  I have very little to say about this room.  The sunny doorway opens to a small balcony, which communicates nicely with my Study.   This provides an escape route should anything go wrong in either of the two rooms.  Very convenient.

Follow Link


My Bathroom
Ordinarily, I would not show you a photograph of my bathroom.  But the color and tile-work of this room are really pleasant.  The staircase in the main room, and these blue tiles were two things that immediately 'sold' me on renting this apartment.  Character, you might say.

Follow Link


My Studio
I am an amateur artist.  I have turned a spare bathroom into a studio for painting, drawing, and animated film making.  Very convenient and the light in the room is really great.  Also the colors are relaxing.

Follow Link


My Rooftop Garden
This apartment has a rooftop terrace garden.  Here I can sit and relax. I can grow plants. And I can enjoy some fresh air and greenery.  Really a wonderful space to have in this big city of Delhi.

Follow Link




No comments:

Post a Comment