Apr 4, 2009

I've Moved into an Apartment

It is a great relief to have found an apartment here in Singapore.  Moving here and not knowing the city or where I was going to live was pretty stressful.  As was trying to make a decision about where I wanted to live for the next year -- without knowing the different neighborhoods very well.

But I found an apartment that just about perfectly matches what I was looking for.  I found a nice place in a building called UE Square on River Valley Road (link to google map).  The apartment is close to the center of the city and also very close to Fort Canning Park and the Singapore River. This is an ideal location as it puts me in a nice setting with good access to all of the places of interest in Singapore (by foot, bus, or subway).  

The photo on this page shows the exterior of UE Square.  It is a private condominium complex inhabited mostly by other expats.  It seems that most people in this complex are from Japan.
 
There are a lot of families with children ruining around the courtyard, but also other younger professionals.  The building is well equipped with a swimming pool, a fitness center, two squash courts, and a couple of meeting rooms.  It is a lot different from what I am used to, but this whole move to Singapore is supposed to be a new and exciting adventure for me.  I am living the classic expat lifestyle in a far-away country.

I have taken some photos of the apartment and I posted them on a Google Picasa album.  See the slide show below to view the photos.  I'll be taking more pictures of Singapore now that I am getting settled in.  I'll continue to share them with everyone through this blog.

Alek 
(in Singapore)

{note: I've embedded this slide show in the blog post.  Press the play button to see the pictures.  You can read the captions describing the pictures by clicking on the "speech bubble" icon in the lower left of the slideshow.  You can also find a link to the Google Picasa webpage where the photos are stored -- if you want to see them bigger, etc.}

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure what "It is a lot different from what I'm used to" really means, but the pictures of your place seem really nice.
    -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your new place is very nice, good job!! We miss you in the office

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what IS the classic expat lifestyle?

    ReplyDelete