I also recently made a trip with some friends to Indonesia (see post below about September trip to Melacca, Malaysia). In October, I traveled for a long weekend to Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Yogyakarata is a town in the south-center portion of the island of Java. It is known to be a center of Javanese art and culture in Indonesia. It is also home to a number of Indonesian universities and so has a large student population.
I traveled there with two friends from China, Joyce and Yiyi, and one friend from Japan, Kei. We spent Thursday through Sunday visiting the sites in and around Yogyakarta City -- including a Javanese ballet, numerous Hindu and Buddhist temples, markets, and two palaces. We arranged to have a guide and a driver during out trip -- and they were both very helpful in showing us around and telling us of the history and culture of the places we visited.
We took a lot of pictures, and that is probably the best way to share my experiences. So I will include a link to an online photo album...
No comments:
Post a Comment