
Today I helped Uncle to fix his digital camera. We replaced the batteries on his Samsung, and took these first two test photos. You can Mr. Chow Ah Chai standing in his living room, with many statues in the background. You can also see me in the same location – though I am a bit too tall for the camera!

We had to go to the department store next door to get the batteries. We were talking to each other in the store as Uncle gave me the grand tour. Uncle was very amused to see so many Chinese people looking at us with surprise… a young American and a senior Singaporean talking in Chinese in the middle of a Chinese department store!
Tomorrow we promised to get a photo together when we go to eat at Uncle’s favourite noodle shop downstairs. So stay tuned for that!
Glad to finally see Uncle after the last handful of posts talking about him!
ReplyDeleteKeep the updates coming, it is great to read about your adventures when I'm stuck at work! :)